Stepping In Faith

Today was a very good day in letcure class. Christian, Sharee's husband, has been speaking to us about hearing God's voice, and today he talked to us about the ways God speaks to us. Everything he said I already knew because my whole life I was raised learning how to hear God. But what really impacted me the most was the activities we did. The first thing Christian wanted us to do was be alone for 10 min. and ask God what he thinks about us.  Ten minutes isn't very long, but if he gave us longer we would start questioning if that was really God, instead of just going with our gut. So this is what I got in 10 minutes:

"To me my child you are beautiful, brilliant, stunning. My child you have a voice that I have given you. Do not be ashamed of it. For I have given it life, to speak of the things of me. I have given you light, that shines so deep within you."

As soon as he called us back, I read what I wrote and the Lord told me Christian was going to ask some people to share. Then  I replied to Abba and said, "You want me to say this to the class don't you?" Abba nodded his head very firmly. I made a groaning noise underneath my breath and looked up at the ceiling. I definitely did NOT want to share this with the class, but most of all did not want to speak in front of everyone.  Period.

Maybe ten seconds went by and Christian asked if anyone wanted to share. My heart was beating like crazy.  I panicked and knew that if I did not raise my hand I would not have the guts to do it later. So, I raised my hand and spoke. As soon as I started speaking, all fear was gone and excitement and confidence were placed inside me. I smiled as I finished it, and the Lord said to me, "See? It wasn't that hard was it? You freaked out when you "jumped off the cliff" (it's a phrase Christian uses with us about speaking in front of people) but once you did, you found out its fun."

Then after that, Christian put us in groups. We all had 30 sec. to get a word from God to give to the one we were praying for. It was a lot of fun!  When it was my turn, everyone prayed for 30 sec. and this is what everyone said.  Every word is spot on. I love it!

  •  quiet joy, delight between the father and I. A vision of me lying in the green grass with the sun on my face.
  • me lying in a bed of grass with flowers everywhere and I was linking flowers together in a necklace and that represents me bringing people together.
  • a vision of me on a cliff with the wind blowing through my hair.
  • peaceful
  • strong
  • freedom
  • freedom
I loved getting those words!  I also got a word from two girls at two dif. times. And the words were both the same with different pictures.  The pictures were of me with all the things I held onto from words and ugly things people have said about me in the past.  Things I still hold on to and push down, but the Lord spoke to me through them and said while I am here he is going to wash it all away. And I know He's going to do it and that makes me very happy!

Anyway a bunch more happened today that the Lord spoke to me about and the one thing that Christian said to us really stuck to me. It is that what ever the Lord tells you to do, go ahead and do it and don't wait it out because you usually chicken out. And that's what I did.  As soon as I heard the Lord speak to me, I did it. And the results were amazing and heartbreaking and all just filled with love.

The one thing I'm realizing while I'm here is that there is a gift the Lord has given me and Satan is trying so hard to push me down to not find out what it is. But I think I know what it is. All my life I've been afraid to speak to a group of people, but lately the Lord has been speaking directly to me about that subject, and I feel like the lord wants to use my voice for His glory. If that's true, then I'm all for it because I know Satan is against it.

BTW here is my address while Im here!

Hannah Nett
Photogenx, 2nd Quarter 2011

University of the Nations
75-5851 Kuakini Hwy. #430
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-2136 USA

Comments

  1. Hannah Nett
    PhotogenX, 2nd Quarter 2011
    University of the Nations
    75-5851 Kuakini Hwy. #430
    Kailia Kona, HI 96740-2136 USA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts