Week 1 of a Plant Based Diet


Yesterday morning Father woke me up, and reminded me that its been one week since I said YES to eating a whole Foods plant based diet, with Father God. I smiled when He reminded me of this, because how cool is my God reminding me of something that is so important for me. A week ago I  viewed my diet so insignificant in His world, but He cares about my health just as much as I do. Doing this with Him has been so much fun! I use to struggle everyday. It was a uphill battle to say no to the things I wanted, but this week has been so easy! 

 I said no to pizza twice (which we all know is my favorite food ever) and ice cream once. (which we also know is also my favorite dessert) I've also said no to a few other sweets and meats. This was the first week where it was easy saying no to foods that I love. I asked for Father's strength, and He gave it to me. :) 

I am so thankful for Father wanting to do this with me. He is the best accountability partner! 

 I am a little worried for next week though. Chris and I are going to California for a little over 2 weeks for business. I have no idea what foods Im gonna have to turn down.. But I ask Father again for your strength, and wisdom during our trip their and back. Help me plan this trip well for my own diet and health! 

ok, what am I thinking..Im super nervous for the Cali trip and the weeks after the trip.. am I going to fall? Am I going to give in to foods I can't have? Is it gonna be stressful? am I going to be hungry? Is it gonna be hard watching Chris eat all the yummy foods? Time will tell, but thankfully I'm not doing it by myself anymore. 





Comments

Popular Posts