Aloha!

Right now it's 9:17 pm Kona time, but I feel like it's 3:00 in the morning, which is the time back home! I can't believe I'm here!  It's still a numb feeling, like I'm dreaming and soon I'll wake up and realize that all of this was too good to be true!  But it's real.  I'm here.  I'm really, truly here. I never thought I would make it. It was a long journey, but it was worth it. :)  I just don't want to get on a plane for a while! haha :)

I have met a lot of nice, friendly people including the staff of photogenX!  Its weird to think I'm going to be here for three months. "sighh" I love that :)

So...when I was flying over Hawaii for the first time I screamed under my breath and giggled like a little girl! The water is so blue!  Think of the brightest blue color you have ever seen and that's what it looks like :)  The sand is black and the cliffs and mountains are breath taking!  The weather here is perfect.  I've been on a plane all day, but for some reason I got burnt on my left arm?

Anyway, we got to the YWAM base and pulled up and people started cheering and clapping and celebrating. I smiled real big and knew I was going to love it here :) Someone showed me to my room and it's a cute little room with four bunk beds. So that's 8 beds, with a very SMALL bathroom. And when I say small I mean SMALL!  Like the size of my closet!   On the table were gifts for us!  My gift bag had a water bottle, orange, granola bar, coconut m&m's, a bag full of laundry soap, and candy!!  How cute, right? I'm eating the lemonheads right now and OMG my favorite candy by far!!!! SO good! (that's a hint for y'all to send me some! lol)

Anywho, I'm just lying on my bottom bunk listening to Journey and hearing the little crickets outside chirping away! Our front door and windows are open, and it has finally cooled down in our room :)

I suppose I should close this up and say goodnight to all of y'all!  I will be getting up at 6 since breakfast starts at 6:15! I love all of y'all! Goodnight!

Comments

Popular Posts