When Father Tells me to Eat Better

Woke up yesterday morning feeling the same thing I felt the day before. Jesus was trying to get my attention, I knew He wanted to talk about my diet with me. But the day before yesterday,  I was busy and I didn't take time to sit down and listen to Him. Yesterday I felt him pressing stronger on me than the day before, so I knew I needed to pay attention to Him and that this time I needed to listen and write down what he’s saying to me. 

So yesterday morning I sat down in the courtyard by the pool at our apartments. The morning sun was on me and it felt great! I was ready to listen.. 

It didn't take long till I started hearing him speak.. this is what He shared with me...

Jesus: sticking with your diet is so important Hannah. Don’t give in to temporary pleasures. It’s not worth it. A Whole Foods plant based diet is what your body needs to heal! pizza and ice cream is going to give your body setbacks, that are not worth it. 

The china study and the medical medium are books I have given you to read, to study and to learn. If you follow their principles, you will heal. If you wavier then sickness will continue to grow inside you. Stay strong, be diligent with what you eat. Do not give into your temptations, no matter how small they may be. 

I have never had Jesus correct me in my eating habits before. So when He shared this with me yesterday.. I took it to heart. I knew he was right. I was following a WFPB diet, except I had been cheating a LOT! Which I told myself that cheating here and there wasn't that big of a deal. But Jesus corrected me yesterday and told me that it is a big deal. Not gonna lie.. it was hard to hear that. All my fears came flooding in...

"How am I going to stick with this diet?! How am I going to stay strong when Chris eats something amazing in front of me. What if he eats pizza or ice cream or cookies or tacos or a hamburger and fries in front of me? How can I say no to it all, when its right in front of me?! how am I going to find restaurants that serve only what I can eat?! Thats nearly impossible since I live in the South where everything is southern comfort food. How am I going to have the strength to say no every time??" 

These thoughts were bouncing on the inside of my brain.. back and forth..  

But then I heard Father speak. Want to know what He said?

He said.. you have me. 


As silly as this sounds.. I didn't think of doing this with Him. Ive been wanting someone to be my accountability partner in this.. But no one eats the diet I have to eat. And when I asked Chris to do it with me.. He said yes with a heavy heart, because he was doing this for me and not for himself. So you can imagine it didn't last long. lol!!

Never did I think of doing this with Father..Mostly because He wasn't in my day to day life. I actually just rededicated my life to Father 3 days ago. And the day I gave my life back to Father is the day Father wanted to talk to me about this! Ha! 

So anyway...When Father said, You have me. I thought about it, all day. At the end of the day
 I said, "Ok Father, I want you to do this with me. In fact I can't do this without you. Tonight Chris is going to be eating the leftover pizza in front of me, and I need your strength to not give in, I don't even want to entertain the smell of it. I need your strength tonight." 

( You guys may be thinking.. whats the big deal?! its just pizza..No..pizza is not just pizza. Its the best thing man has created.) 

So last night Chris ate that pizza right next to me, and It smelled good, but I said no and focused on what I was eating instead. I can happily say I did NOT eat that pizza last night. Father came through, he gave me strength. I know this is just the beginning..But this might be a bit easier doing it with Jesus, then by myself.



Im gonna try to blog at least weekly about this. Im not the greatest at blogging, But I have a feeling writing my struggles and my wins down is gonna help me. 

Im just really thankful I took the time and listened to Jesus. I'm also really happy I rededicated my life to Him. My life was so meaningless without Him in it. But now Its filled with joy and hopefulness. So heres to many more days saying no to all of my favorite foods and saying yes to foods that are going to heal my body. 




Comments

Popular Posts