Living The Life I Never Thought I Would Live

In my last post I talked about not having a car or a job. Well now, I have both!! just like He promised He blessed with an amazing car. Papa tells us to Dream Big, and I did! (Just in my price range though) I never thought I would get the car i've always wanted. He sold it to me for a 1,000 dollars less than what he was planning on selling it for. I only had to pay 3,000 dollars for it, and then He put brand new tires on it for 500, and since I couldn't afford that at the moment, he let me pay it off little by little. I can say now, about two to 3 weeks ago, I did pay Him off! I bet by now you're wondering what it is. Its a 97 Camaro z28 V8. It has flowmasters, master cams and a T-top! Yes I do know what all of that is. :) I can't deny that when I see my car, I smile and thank Papa for it.

As soon as I got my car, Tyler's (the guy who sold me my car) mom needed another full time person helping her clean houses. I didn't want to at first, but I was desperate and I knew Papa wanted me to take it, so I said Yes. The week after I got my car, I started Cleaning houses. I can't lie its tough work, but its such a blessing in disguise. I have learned true humility and that no matter what the job is, we are doing ministry. It doesn't matter if you're a missionary in africa or a pastor at a church. And if you are thats great! But, If you're the trash guy or you do plumbing, or you take care of the elderly before they die, that's just as much of a ministry, than the stuff we so highly exalt as missionary work! I hate to say this, but I was one of those people who thought that. I had a lot of pride and still do, but I can say now, it has been greatly decreased.


Now, whenever someone asks me what I do, I smile every time when I tell them, "I clean houses, and I love it." 




Comments

  1. That's such a neat story! It's so special when God comes through like that.. It really shows you just how much He cares about every aspect of our lives. This was encouraging to read! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts