The Gold Box

Just a moment ago I was lying on my bed reading "YW God In Us" magazine when God showed me He was trying to get my attention. He was calling my name and taking my hand to show me that He wanted me to sit in his lap. With my eyes open, I saw that pix in my head. I had received visions like this before, and I knew God wanted me to close my eyes and focus on Him. So I did. I put my magazine away, shut my eyes and imagined God's eyes (for some reason I always see his eyes blue). A smile formed across my face, excited to hear what the Lord wanted to share with me.

Then my vision began like this:

I climbed into my Daddy's lap, reached up and wrapped my arms around His neck, hugging Him tight. Then I drew back and my Daddy kissed me on my nose. He smiled and His blue eyes twinkled. We sat there, just staring at each other, smiling. Then God spoke and said, "I missed you little one," and I replied, "I missed you too Daddy." I gave Him another hug and this time I just kept my arms around Him, lingering in His presence. As I drew back, I noticed that God was holding something in His hand. "Hold out your hands little one, I have something to give you." God said this to me, with a big grin on face. I cupped my hands ready to receive whatever He had for me. I was expecting to see gold dust appear in my hands (because that's what I usually get) but instead God placed a beautiful, tiny, wrapped present in the palm of my hand. The wrapping and the ribbon was pure gold with glitter covering it from top to bottom. It was beautiful! I sat there on His lap, curious if I was even supposed to open it. I didn't want to ruin its beauty. So I just sat there holding it as gentle as possible.

Then the Holy Spirit told me what this present was for and I understood its meaning. God said to me, "Don't unwrap this present until the time is right. Keep it safe with you and don't give it away, until the right guy comes along." I understood that He was talking about marriage. I smiled really big, so proud to carry something as beautiful as this, but then a thought popped into my head and immediately I asked the Lord, "Does that include kissing too?" He chuckled and smiled down at me. "Little one, when the time is right, you will know." He said that to me with such a funny expression on his face. (It makes me laugh, just thinking about it!) Then He said, "Well, lets just take a little peek." He took His finger and we peeked in through a tiny slit. Then POP! these tiny white and gold colored fireworks jumped out and streams of light sparkled everywhere. He closed it and grinned at me.

As I looked back down at the present, I wondered where I would put it. I looked around me and even looked to see if I had a good pocket to put it in. There didn't seem a safe place to put it. I looked back up into my Daddy's eyes, questioning where I should put it. Then He said,"Let me hold onto it." A huge smile went across my face, knowing that if He kept it, there was nothing that could hurt it. :) "When the right guy comes along, I will give it to you, to give to him."

All I could do was smile. Who knew this converstation would be one of those talks? Usually you have these with your Mom or Dad, but I got one from God. :) I just think that is so cool. :)

Comments

Popular Posts